- Full Itinerary
The 2 day Inca trail to Machu Picchu commence at Km 104 (104 kilometer along the railway from Cuzco to Machu Picchu) located at 2,100m at the place named Chachabamba. It's 13km of distance that can be covered in 6 -7 hours trek. This trek is perfect for people who don't want to spend much time in the mountains but still want to feel the charm of the energetic mountains and the cloud forest.
From Chachabamba the trail continues uphill to Wiñaywayna: Inca complex, four hours approximately; where you will appreciate Farming terraces " Andenes " surrounding the whole side of a mountain decorating this ancient Inca castle with temples, buildings and water channels. The stonework is high in quality and fine masonry with a magnificent sequence of fifteen ritual fountain baths.
From Wiñaywayna the trail continues surrounding the Mountain to Intipunku through the Cloud forest with the presents of beautiful nature, sounds of hummingbirds, peacefully and uncrowned trail one hour and half and the continue down to Machu Picchu and board the bus to Aguas Calientes town. Spend the night in a comfortable Hotel. Next morning early we return to Machu Picchu by bus for a guided tour, visit and explore with our expert guide, avoiding the large crowds that arrive with the first trains from Cuzco. In the afternoon you return to cuzco by train.
Machu Picchu is not mentioned in any of the chronicles of the Spanish conquistadors of the XVI century, so it was unknown until the American Mr. Hiram Bingham discovered at 1911 that was in search of Vilcabamba, another important Inca site built in the Peruvian jungle located at approximately 100 kilometers beyond Machu Picchu. At the time that Mr. Hiram Bingham arrives to Machu Picchu, it was totally cover with thick vegetation it was habitat of hundreds of animals like: snakes, lizards, bears, birds, etc. Bingham and his team returned to Peru in 1912 to clear up the vegetation and to excavate at different places in Machu Picchu. In 1915 Bingham commence to explore the possible connections between Cusco and Machu Picchu and he discovered the Inca trail that is used by hundreds of tourist nowadays to see the beauties of the Peruvian Andes while pilgrimage to Machu Picchu.
information of the Inca Trail 2 Days
- Departures Dates: From March to January "every day" (please check availability in our groups)
- Duration: 2 Day / 1 Night. (3 Day/ 2 Night Optional with sacred valley tour)
- Trip style: Archaeological, Trekking, Landscape, Camping, Journey along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Activities: Archaeological, Cultural, Camping, Ecological, Hiking
- Visited Places: Cusco, Ollantaytambo –Km 104– Chachabamba - Wiñayhuayna – Inti Puku "Sungate" –Machupicchu –Aguas Calientes –Cusco
- When to go: The best time to visit is April through October, it's the busy season (especially June to August), but it's also the dry season.
- Difficulty: The hike is rated moderate;
- Temperatures: From minus 10ºC to 28ºC
- Availability: Daily departures are available along the year, even though the recommended period for this trek is April to October
- Starting point Cusco
- Ending point Cusco
Highlights .- Inca Trail 2 days to Machu Picchu
- Discover the lively town of Aguas Calientes at night
- Day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco : walking past enigmatic archaeological sites, the nature reclaiming its due and jungle running rampant all around the, with the sincere feeling that you are the one discovering those mystical ruins
- Passing by the Inti Punku (Gates of the Sun) and always remember your first outstanding view of the lost city of the Incas
- Guided tour of the sacred city : exploration and detailed explanation regarding the advanced Incan techniques of agriculture, construction, and overall mighty and impressive culture where you could study about the importance – religiously and historically – of the place, and be able to appreciate the fine architecture of the Incas.
- Learn about the abundant flora (over 250 species of orchid have been counted) and fauna (many hummingbirds and the magnificent Andean Condor) of the Machu Picchu Historic Sanctuary
Hiking Tour Itinerary – 2 day Inca trail To Machu Picchu
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Chachabamba - Wiñayhuayna - Aguas Calientes
Board the morning train to Chachabamba or km 104 and hike 13km through staining mountain scenery.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu – Cusco.
Full day will be dedicated to explore Machu Picchu; your guide will explain you all about Machu Picchu; in the afternoon you will return to Cusco.
INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 DAY – INCLUDES
- 2-day hiking on the Inca trail to Machu Picchu with local guide, Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- Meals: 1 Breakfasts, 1 box Lunch, 1 Dinners.
- Accommodation: one night hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes town.
- Transport: Private van, hiking, train.
- Guide: English spiking local guide
- Small group experience
Full itinerary - Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu
Day 1.- Cusco – Ollantaytambo - Chachabamba (km 104) – Aguas Calientes
The two day Inca trail hiking to machu picchu or the Inca trail Trekking start at 4:00 when we pick you up from your Cusco hotel and transfer you in our private van to Ollantaytambo train station then we will board a Tourist train with reserved seats for 1 hour and 45 minutes to Chachabamba or Km 104 (2100m); As soon as we arrive to Chachabamba we will cross a wood bridge to the check point and show the permits and your passports then we will start a soft walk fpr 5 minutes towards the ruins of Chachabamba, (named by the existence of a dense vegetation) At this place we will see the stone altar dedicated to the mountains also we will see the ceremonial water fountains. After the explanation of Chachabamba, we'll continue trekking a gentle up toward Wiñayhuayna.
From Chachabamba the trail leaves the forest and continues in open grassland by the left bank of the Urubamba River. After trekking in the sun for about three hours, the trail descends into a shaded forest; at this place you can enjoy a beautiful waterfall and then continue through thick vegetation and we will arrive at the lower part of the incredible ruins of Wiñayhuayna that means forever young. Wiñayhuayna contents important agricultural system with interesting aqueducts for irrigation this was discovered by Peruvian archaeologist Julio C. Tello at 1942. Here we will enjoy the lunch and after a rest brake we will continue two hours trek toward the Inti punku or the Sun gate which is the entrance to Machu Picchu from this point you can see Machu Picchu; after you take enough pictures we descent toward Machu Picchu and take the bus for 25 minutes down to Aguas Calientes town and have accommodation the hotel. In the evening you can go to relax to the Hot springs pools and be ready for the following day.
Meals: L D
Maximum Altitude: 2700m
Minimum Altitude: 2100m
Distance Travelled: 13 Km approximately
Approximate Hiking Time: 6 - 7 Hours
Day 2.- Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu - Cusco
We wake up early and board a bus up to Machu Picchu where we begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will take approximately two hours. You will then have free time to walk around or climb up the Huaynapicchu Mountain, where one can experience spectacular views of all of Machu Picchu, (please note that there are only 400 visitors allowed per day divided in two turns), or visit the Temple of the Moon or the Inca Bridge. In the afternoon, we meet in the town of Aguas Calientes where you can enjoy your lunch before we take the train back to Cusco at 4:30pm approximately and arrive to Cusco after nightfall.
Maximum Altitude: 2400m
Minimum Altitude: 2000m
Inca Trail Tour Inclusions
- Inca Trail Tour Informative presentation at our Cusco office
- Pre-departure briefing
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer to Ollantaytambo train station
- Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fee
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide during all Inca Trail (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail.
- Meals: 1box-lunch; 1 breakfast; 1 dinner. Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu ruins down to Aguas Calientes town– 1st day
- Bus ticket up from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – 2nd day
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Chachabamba or Km104 and from Aguas Calientes town to Ollnataytambo
- Transfer train station – hotel in Cusco
- 24-h guest service: please ask for the emergency number available during your time of visit
Hotels in Machupicchu:
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes, breakfast in the hotel
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on 2nd Day US$ 9
- (or a Downhill walk for 45 minutes to Aguas Calientes)
- Dinner on the 2nd Day
- Drinks, snacks or water
- Tips for your guide are not mandatory.
- Admission fee for Huayna Picchu $60
- Hot spring pools 10 soles. (Optional)
We recommend you bring:
- Your Original Passport.
- Student card ISIC (if applicable).
- You only need to carry a small day pack.
- Water to drink 1 liter.
- Camera, rain jacket in rainy season – Nov. to Jan
- Basic toiletries
- Hat or cap for the sun, essential
- Sun scream with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes(Malaria or Yellow fever not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots.
- Money in soles or dollars. ATM´s or cash machines and travelers cheques in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to change.
Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our train tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
|Hotels in Aguas Calientes||Category||Cost|
|Andean Terra||Hostal||Contact Us|
|Vista Machupicchu||Hotels 3* Tourist||Contact Us|
|Eco Machupicchu Pueblo||Hotel 3* Tourist||Contact Us|
|La Cabaña de Machu Picchu||Hotels 3* Superior||Contact Us|
|Taypikala or Tierra Viva||Hotels 4* Fist Class||Contact Us|
|Sumaq Machu Picchu Luxury||Hotels 5* Deluxe||Contact Us|
- Train upgrade to Vistadome: US$ 35 per person.
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
- Descuentos especiales para grupos y Agencias de viajes.
- Entry ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
To send you more information and how to book please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible by sending all the necessary information of your concerns.